Top Benefits of Listing on Lawyer Directories
According to a poll conducted by the Thomson Reuters U.S. Consumer Legal Needs Survey, almost a third of respondents who needed legal services turned to lawyer directories, and 24% began conducting online research for law firms within a day.
In this high-speed era of smartphones and internet users, that shouldn’t come as a surprise. And luckily for your law firm, attracting new clients by establishing a strong online presence is very achievable thanks to legal directories. By getting listed, you can leverage these powerful digital marketing tools to work in your favor.
Let’s take a closer look at what lawyer directories can offer you and the best legal directories to get listed in.
Benefits of Listing Your Law Firm in Lawyer Directories
Establishing an online presence is critical to building a successful business in the twenty-first century. Legal directories offer your law firm a way to connect with not only clients but also other law firms.
Lawyer directories — also known as legal directories — are databases of attorneys that enable clients and law firms to search for lawyers by location, practice area, or firm. Today, digital versions of these directories also let attorneys and law firms like yours improve your Google ranking and market your services in new ways.
Some directories require you to pay to be listed, while others offer free listings you can claim. Some law directories also cater to specific types of law practices, such as personal injury or bankruptcy, while others cover the entire legal industry.
By maintaining your listings in the best law firm directories, your firm will be able to:
- Build trust with your clients: Being listed in certain lawyer directories raises your credibility with potential clients. For instance, some directories require their lawyers to have verdicts over a certain amount, spotlighting your credentials. You may also be able to display your ranking with a prestigious legal directory with a digital badge on your website, improving your reputation.
- Establish your expertise: Many legal directories allow law firms and attorneys to publish legal articles on their website. As many people visit these websites for free legal resources, publishing articles is a great way to establish your expertise and market your services.
- Help clients find you: Legal directories inevitably show up on the first search engine results page (SERP) of a potential client, making it more likely that they’ll find your law firm if you’re listed. If you make sure to be listed in multiple top directories, your chances of being found and chosen by clients increases.
- Enable other law firms to find you: Potential clients aren’t the only people who search legal directories. Law firms that need to refer cases to other law firms also use lawyer directories to find reputable lawyers like you. By marketing yourself in this way, you can gain more business from your fellow legal teams.
- Make your business website easier to find: Most lawyer directories include links to a law firm’s website called a backlink. If you can get backlinks to your site from multiple credible legal directories, your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) rises, which makes your business website easier to find in a potential client’s online search.
Contact us for more information.